If you are feeling “stuck” in your job and wondering what’s next, you have probably been thinking about a career change. This investigation can seem daunting and finding a new career that is a good fit can be overwhelming. As your life coach, we will help you discover what’s really important to you in your life. Once that goal is accomplished we will help you design your plan to achieve those things. We will work with you to eliminate any obstacles or blocks that stand in your way. We will partner with you all the way to success.
It does not matter what age you are, it is perfectly okay to change your career. Often times we take the best paying opportunity and once in the position, we realize the job is not satisfying. You are not alone. In our lifetime we can change our career multiple times until we find the perfect fit. Whatever your circumstance, goals or dreams might be, the bottom line is that your life is in transition, just ask a baby boomer!
As a life coach it is our job to help you through the process of choosing a career. You can expect to:
- Reflect on your current situation – what you enjoy about your current job and what is and isn’t working for you and why.
- Analyze your personality style to determine which careers are best suited for your talents and that would offer the most satisfaction possible..
- Identify the steps you need to take to make your career change a reality including researching at least two career opportunities.
- Examine the cost and benefits of each career option.
- Set a plan of action with measurable outcomes.
- Have a coach to keep you on the right track and moving forward in your career plan.
Changing careers can be a bit scary and it is more comfortable to be financially safe, than to take a risk. Clarifying your goals, determining what careers will take advantage of your strengths, and investigating career change options, will give you the confidence to move forward. It is not to late to change your career!