The Incentive Counselling Family Reunification program includes an adapted version of Bill Eddy’s New Ways for Families® program. Key goals of the program are:
- To teach parents skills to help them make their own decisions.
- To keep the well being of children involved in the forefront.
- To avoid overwhelming costs associated with deferring critical decisions to the courts.
- To avoid the adversarial nature of the family court system and to encourage a diplomatic approach.
- To help children adjust and cope with their changing family structure.
As a parent, you will learn fundamental cognitive-behavioral concepts, proactive coping strategies, assertiveness skills, and proposal writing and gain confidence in negotiations. Incentive Counselling staff have training in high-conflict separation/divorce and will support and guide you to navigate difficult solutions so that you can avoid the adversarial climate of excess litigation.
Your children will have the opportunity to process the changing dynamic of their family system and learn coping strategies to manage strong emotions.
Our goal is to help you make the right decisions for you and your children. As you gain confidence in negotiations, you’ll acquire skills that facilitate resolutions. Besides reducing financial impact, our program promotes healthy communication and reduces negative effects on children.